Over the years, TVS has been providing a number of brilliant and stylish scooters to male and females across the country. This has led them to be among the most loved scooter manufactures across India. The company recently launched its new range of automatic scooter titled ‘Jupiter’ which engulfed the minds of everyone in the country. All the TVS Jupiter specifications and inside knowledge about all parts are mentioned below:
Engine and Gearbox
The first look in our TVS Jupiter specifications would be on the engine used to power the scooter. TVS has equipped the ‘Jupiter’ range of automatic scooters with the same single cylinder, 4-stroke 109.7cc engine like their previous ‘Wego’ series. The engine is air-cooled, equipped with electric-start and kick-start and added with Digital IDI alongside Ignition Map Technology. The engine is an OHC petrol one, which provides the scooter with a max power of 7.88Bhp at 7500 rpm. The max torque is attained at 5500 rpm of 8.0 Nm.
You can go from 0 to 60kmph in just 7.2 seconds. The company claims that Jupiter has a mileage of 62kmpl at Highways and would be able to provide you with around 40kmpl in cities thanks, in part, to its fuel capacity of 5.3 liters.
Brakes and Suspension
The TVS Jupiter is fitted with 130mm in diameter drum brakes on both the front and rear end wheels to provide you with the braking capability. The suspension system for the scooter is provided by an Advanced Telescopic type fork on the front side. The rear end is fitted with a more regular Spring-loaded Hydraulic suspension with gas-filled shock absorber.
Size and Wheelbase
The TVS Jupiter has a ground clearance of only 150mm and a saddle height of about 765mm, which are a contributing factor for a high rigid underbone type frame of the scooter.
The TVS Jupiter specifications measures about 1830mm in length, 650mm in width and has a height of 1115mm. The wheelbase is also comparatively large at 1275mm for stable rides.
Other Unique features
- TVS Jupiter provides its customer base with a number of unique and interesting features. These are:
- The TVS Jupiter includes an econometer. It helps you to in getting better power and mileage out of your scooter.
- A unique pass-by switch allows you to make overtaking manoeuvers easily and safely on city roads.
- The scooter is fitted with tubeless tyres to prevent from accidental burst or puncture.
- The wheels include lightweight 12-inch all black alloy wheels.
- Jupiter has the largest leg-space in its price range at 1275mm. You can easily place your legs and can even carry an LPG cylinder on the leg-space.
- The Instrument console features options for low fuel indicator, and analog odometer and speedometer.
- A Wide, well-cushioned and comfortable seat.
- The headlight is a combination of two pilot lamps to provide good visibility even in low-light conditions.
- The Jupiter contains an under-seat storage of 17Litres, bigger than most of its competitions.
- The Shutter lock key is tamper-proof and theft-proof.
The Final Say
The TVS Jupiter is available in 4 unique, stylish and attractive colors for the customers to buy. These are Midnight Black, Titanium Grey, Pristine White and Volcano Red.
This automated scooter from TVS is a perfect combination of style, substance and durability. TVS is widely renowned around the country for providing some of the best two-wheelers in the past years and with ‘Jupiter’, TVS wants to claim the top spot again in the automatic scooter market also.